Sunday, January 18, 2009

Life Update

We have been searching for a place to stay this summer in Minnesota and I think we have found an apartment that will be about 5 minutes from the hospital. These wonderful people are doing everything to make sure it is an easy transition providing us with a place to stay at a discounted rate to sending me emails on things for Alexis to be involved in while we are there. We will post the details once everything is final.

Bryan and I are battling with how to talk to Kathryn about what will take place and plan on speaking with a child life specialist at the hospital to see if they have any suggestions on how to talk to a 5 year old about a surgery that will drastically change her life, especially short term. Also, we are concerned on the length of the stay in the hospital and how to explain that to her. My stomach gets knots just thinking about it. There are other bloggers out there that we are fortunate enough to have gone before us on this venture and document the daily struggles and joys which has helped us prepare a little bit. I am sure as we get closer to the big day we read the blog straight through.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has a Happy New Year!!

No comments: